Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm gonna be in a magazine. Woohoo!

So, I've been obsessed with weddings since I was 8 or 9 years old. It's true. And it's just funny that my career is now being a wedding photographer. It's fitting, right? I think that I was most attracted to weddings as a kid because of the dresses. I would go down the magazine aisle with my mom at the grocery, I'd see the bridal magazine and I wanted it. Luckily, she'd buy me one and I'd take it home, cut out the photos and stick them to my walls. Eventually, I stuck them to my ceiling so I could stare at them in bed.

I did this until I was 17 or so. I definitely had my wedding planned out by the time I was 16. And around 19, I realized that weddings aren't just about the day; It's about love and a lifetime commitment. Go figure! :)

I was always a big fan of The Knot. It was simple, clean and modern. And it had all the best dresses. :) Reem Acra was my favorite wedding gown designer. Her dresses made me drool.

So now, I am oh so very excited that I am going to be in The Knot Ohio magazine. I'll have a half page ad starting in January. (See photo below.) I am also on theknot.com and weddingchannel.com

It's not a cheap investment. It's about $4,000 dollars a year. But I've been successful so far with no advertising. I'm very excited about 2011 and the opportunities I will have with advertising with The Knot. :)

I'll be booking 24 weddings for 2011. (I shot 17 this year.)
My starting rate is $2,500.
So glad to be moving up into the normal price bracket for wedding photography.

Photobucket

I'm like a giddy little school girl.
Life is good.
I'm collecting bridal magazines again!
And I am incredibly lucky to have such loving friends and fans.
I am truly grateful.

Love,
Jess

PS. I'm definitely posting photos of the magazine when I have it in my hands!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love it!!!! You will have to send me a copy when it comes out. Nice job lady!