Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Priorities.



Sorry I've been MIA lately.
I've come to the harsh reality that I base my identity in my photography, in my comics and in my current romantic relationship. I know that this isn't the way I should be. My identity should be in Christ and my self worth should not be in any earthly thing.

I am running full force for the Lord in a way I never have.
I mentally stepped away from my photography.
I'm doing what I need to do to get where I wanna be.

I'm continually amazed by the goodness of the Lord and how satisfied I am just resting in his promises.

So yeah. Here's to getting your priorities straight!

But my steadfast love shall not depart from you.

Isaiah 54:7-10

For a brief moment I deserted you,
but with great compassion I will gather you.
In overflowing anger for a moment
I hid my face from you,
but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD, your Redeemer.

"This is like the days of Noah to me:
as I swore that the waters of Noah
should no more go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you,
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

sweet, sweet words.

The Ballards said...

love to see this! Very proud of you in your growth and walk. Love your photography and will be by to check on it but stoked that you are seeking true happiness in Christ! Hugs, A Sister in Christ

Anonymous said...

You have ravished my heart,
My sister, my spouse;
You have ravished my heart
With one glance of your eyes,
With one link of your necklace.
How fair is your love,
My sister, my spouse!
How much better than wine is your love,
And the scent of your perfumes
Than all spices!

Song of Solomon 4: 9-10

He treasures your love. You are irreplaceable in His heart.

Jenn said...

Wow Jess. That is bold and trusting and it is great what you are doing! Keep us updated on how it is going!